- $29 for one G-Pass to Michael Franti & Spearhead (up to $41.40 value)
- When: Saturday, August 15, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Mandalay Bay Beach at Mandalay Bay Resort
- General admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Michael Franti & Spearhead
- His talents: singer, poet, guitarist, rapper, yoga leader, and activist for peace and social justice, much like a one-man Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, and Dalai Lama (whose 80th birthday jubilee featured Franti)
- His motto: “All the freaky people make the beauty of the world”
- Your first dose of Franti: he unleashed his spoken word talents with The Beatnigs in 1986 and the industrial hip-hop outfit The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy from 1990-93, before channelling his heightened social consciousness into a sunnier, more accessible style with…
- Spearhead: his long-running jack-of-all-genres band (funk, reggae, jazz, soul, fusion, rock, punk, jam band improvisations, Gregorian chants upon request)
- “Once a Day”: the name of the latest tour and new inspiring single, in which Franti reminds us that “we should hug somebody and love somebody at least once a day [and] take those moments and be grateful for what we have”
- What the tour is about: in Franti’s words, “throwing your arms around someone you didn’t know and having a good time, making you alive and singing and jumping up and down”; so be sure to bring your best vibes and most comfy, springy footwear