What You'll Get
- $29 for seating in rows P–BB of the balcony (up to $45.50 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Michael McDonald: This Christmas – An Evening of Holiday & Hits
- How you know Michael McDonald: as a backup singer for Steely Dan who hit the big time in The Doobie Brothers before beginning a solo career
- Genres McDonald specializes in: blue-eyed soul, soft rock, anything with a piano
- Number of Grammys: five
- Groovy McDonald hits for fans to sway to: “Takin’ It to the Streets,” “I Keep Forgettin’ (Every Time You’re Near)”
- His latest: Southbound, a Doobie Brothers album that sees McDonald and gang collaborating with some of contemporary country’s biggest stars
- Number of Christmas albums McDonald has recorded: four
- His latest holiday hit: “Peace,” a collaboration with Michael W. Smith and the closer to Smith’s 2014 album, The Spirit of Christmas
- Other groovy McDonald Christmas songs for fans to chug eggnog to: “This Christmas,” “Winter Wonderland”
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 8, 2015. Limit 8/person. Redeem on 12/8 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.