Although attributed to the ’70s, arena rock began in Roman times when bands fought to the death with power ballads while roadies were fed to lions. Appease your inner emperor with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to The Midwest Rock ‘n’ Roll Express 2013 with Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Ted Nugent
- When: Saturday, April 27, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for rows V–Y of sections 101, 103, or 201–205 (up to a $45.50 value)
- $20 for rows G–U of sections 101–103, or rows L-X of section 102 (up to a $57.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Because the ticket is a G-Pass, Groupon customers can use it to enter the venue directly; they will not need to redeem their Groupon at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes must be printed out and presented in person at the event. They cannot be redeemed through Groupon's mobile app.
The Midwest Rock ‘n’ Roll Express with Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Ted Nugent
The Midwest Rock ’n’ Roll Express smuggles arena legends Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Ted Nugent into the Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach with an inestimable cargo of sing-along classics. Styx has sparked the third rail since 1972 with prog-rock sensationalism, bolstering lighter-fluid epics such as "Come Sail Away" and "Babe" with complex riffs from crystalline synthesizers intertwined with power-chord crescendos and noodling from guitar giant Tommy Shaw. With founding frontman and falsetto specialist Kevin Cronin at the helm, fellow Prairie State juggernaut REO Speedwagon fills the stage with passionate chartbusters that made waterbed salesmen rich, from romantic ballads such as “Keep on Loving You" to the spurned-lover kiss-off "Take It on the Run." Kicking off the show, "Motor City Madman" and expert game hunter Ted Nugent revs his buzzsaw guitar through classics such as "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Stranglehold," all while protecting the audience from wild boars.