What You'll Get
- $25 for one ticket to see Miguel (up to $46.50 value)
- When: Wednesday, August 5, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Starland Ballroom
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- The most frequent comparison Miguel receives: that the silver-tongued, silky-voiced alt-R&B pioneer is the heir to Prince’s purple throne
- One reviewer who disagreed with the comparison: the AV Club’s Kyle Fowle, who acknowledged the similarities between Miguel’s latest, Wildheart, and Prince’s Sign ‘O’ The Times, but commented that “where that record was a sprawling 80 minutes, Miguel distills his experiments into a tight 48, meaning that Wildheart is at once bold and challenging but also a breezy listen”
- Tracks off that record to save for your least SFW moments: “Coffee,” “Flesh,” “Deal,” and “The Valley” (but really the whole album)
- The underlying message, according to Pitchfork: “Miguel knows where to find those hard-to-reach spots, and will bring you coffee in the morning, too”
- How you knew Miguel before this album: from his breathy, inescapable come-on “Adorn,” which took home a Grammy for Best R&B Song in 2013, and his collaborations with icons such as Smokey Robinson, Janelle Monae, and Santana
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 5, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 8/5 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.