Live theater tends to be more thrilling than film, largely due to the heightened odds of seeing someone flub a line or deliver a stirring monologue while sitting in your lap. Vicariously live the free-wheeling thespian life with today’s GrouponLive deal for a floor-seat ticket to Million Dollar Quartet at the Apollo Theater. Seats are assigned on a first-purchased, first-served basis, and Groupon customers must purchase tickets together in order to sit together. Choose between the following options:
• For $38, you get a ticket to a matinee on Wednesday, July 27, at 2 p.m. (a $64.50 value before fees, or up to a $73 value online, including all Ticketmaster fees).
• For $40, you get a ticket to one of 13 evening performances (a $69 value before fees, or up to a $77.50 value online, including all Ticketmaster fees). Choose from the following dates and times:
• Thursday, July 21, at 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, July 22, at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, July 24, at 5 p.m.
• Wednesday, July 27, at 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, July 28, at 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, July 29, at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, July 31, at 5 p.m.
• Thursday, August 4, at 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, August 7, at 5 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 9, at 7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 10, at 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, August 11, at 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 23, at 7:30 p.m.
The hit musical Million Dollar Quartet transports viewers to 1956, when four of the world’s most famous rock ’n’ rollers—Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley, and Johnny Cash—gathered for a monumental jam session at Sun Studios. Based on true events and built upon skilled performances of rock classics, the show has earned rave reviews from the New York Times and the Chicago Tribune. In addition to singing their hearts out, the actors play guitars and pianos, making the performance feel more believable than Abraham Lincoln's nightly polygraph tests. Guests can shake their hips in floor-level seats as Elvis’ doppelganger croons “Blue Suede Shoes” or snap their toes as the cast performs Jerry Lee Lewis’ “Great Balls of Fire.”
The Apollo Theater’s 11 rows of plush seats welcome 440 posteriors and treat 880 eyes to a stellar view of the proceedings. An open stage extends into the audience, giving the performance an intimate feel, much like a magic show on an airboat.
2540 N Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60614Get Directions