- $20 for one ticket to Minnesota Orchestra’s Strauss: The Waltz King (up to $55 value)
- When: Friday, July 24 at 8 p.m. or Sunday, July 26 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Orchestra Hall
- Seating: best available main-floor seating in price-sections 2 and 3
- Door time: lobby opens two hours before showtime, auditorium doors open 30 minutes before showtime
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Redeem for a reservation online at http://www.minnesotaorchestra.org/groupon
Strauss: The Waltz King
- The Strauss Brothers: Johann II and Eduard, both sons of romantic composer Johan I
- Their Waltzes: among the 10 Strauss Waltzes in the program are Johan II’s mazurka-influenced Stiefmütterchen, his stately Emperor waltzes, and two polkas (Bahn frei! and Ohne Bremse) from Eduard
- The Players: Sommerfest Artistic Director Andrew Litton conducts the Orchestra plus solo flutists Adam Kuenzel and Greg Milliren. Elsewhere, Steven Campbell brings a starring performance on the tuba.
- The Wildcard: the program also includes a medley of selections from Bizet’s Carmen
Returning from its historic tour to Cuba in May of 2015 and Carnegie Hall last March, the Grammy Award–winning Minnesota Orchestra celebrates its second century as one of America’s premier symphonic ensembles, gathering accolades from publications such as the New York Times.
1111 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403