$17.50 for reserved seating and a cocktail (up to $40 value)
- Lobby opens at 6 p.m.
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- The Conductor: Sarah Hicks, the first woman to hold a titled conductor post at the Minnesota Orchestra
- Sarah’s Specialty: as she does in Inside the Classics, she’ll add depth to this concert by peeking into the stories behind the music
- The Concert’s Purpose: to help those who can’t decide which shows they’d like to see this year
- How It Does That: by giving audiences a taste of what’s to come and providing each with a Magic 8 Ball
- The Setlist: the evening could touch on everything from Stravinsky’s Petrushka to Rodgers and Hammerstein’s South Pacific and Mahler’s Fifth—the season finale
Returning from its historic tour to Cuba in May of 2015 and Carnegie Hall last March, the Grammy Award–winning Minnesota Orchestra celebrates its second century as one of America’s premier symphonic ensembles, gathering accolades from publications such as the New York Times.