Some pro sports assign jersey numbers by position; others give everyone the number 1 because they are all #1 in their coach’s heart. Everyone’s a winner with this Groupon.
- One, two, or four tickets to a Minnesota RollerGirls roller-derby bout
- Where: Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- Seating: general-admission balcony
- Doors: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Dates and Ticket Options
- $8 for one ticket ($19.73 value)
- $15 for two tickets ($39.46 value)
- $25 for four tickets ($78.92 value)
Choose between the following matches:
- Season opener: home-team mini-tournament on Saturday, October 18, starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Home-team bouts on Saturday, December 13, starting at 7:30 p.m.
The Scouting Report
Fresh meat and veteran steel clash in the RollerGirls’ season-opening tournament showcasing this year’s lineups. The Garda Belts, Rockits, Atomic Bombshells, and Dagger Dolls all face off on October 18, giving fans a chance to see new blood skating alongside all-stars such as Shiver Me Kimbers and Second Hand Smoke. After their bruises have healed and their skates have grown fresh wheels, the squads head back to Roy Wilkins Auditorium for another night of hard-hitting action.
A golden skate is useless. The soft metal could barely support a person’s weight and would inevitably buckle from the pressure. The Golden Skate, though—that’s priceless. Every year, the four squads that make up the Minnesota RollerGirls jam elbows and tear around the ring at Roy Wilkins Auditorium for the Golden Skate trophy and the glory that comes with it. A founding member of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association, the RollerGirls pride themselves as both fierce competitors and ambassadors for the sport of roller derby. Their consistent top-10 ranking in the WFTDA proves their skill on the ring, and their charitable efforts in the community demonstrate the way they seek out worthy causes to support.