In much of the world, soccer is known as football and the American president is referred to as The Ameriking. Embrace cultural differences without using your hands with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for a soccer package to see a friendly between Minnesota United FC and the Mexico U-21 national team (a $40 value)
- When: Friday, July 4, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: NSC Stadium
- Seating: Bleachers
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The game package includes the following:
- One bleacher ticket to the game
- Early entry to watch warm-ups on the field 90 minutes before game time
- Minnesota United FC T-shirt
On the evening of Fourth of July, some of Mexico's most promising young soccer stars invade NSC Stadium for a friendly against Minnesota United FC. Minnesota will temporarily dribble away from the NASL, where they've dominated the spring season thus far. The team has compiled a 6-2-1 record in league play and hasn't lost a match since May 12. Much of that success stems from Minnesota's high-scoring offense, which will have to be at its best if the club hopes to keep up with the on-the-field fireworks produced by Mexico's best up-and-coming talent.
Minnesota United FC
When the North American Soccer League was reborn in 2011, Minnesota stepped up to claim the resurgent league's first championship since 1984. Then dubbed the Stars, the team changed names in 2012, becoming the Minnesota United FC and making a second consecutive appearance in the NASL title game. As the NASL matures, Minnesota looks to remain on top without resorting to any cheap tricks such as replacing the ball with a greased melon.