- $20 for one ticket to the Miss Black USA Pageant (up to $41.99 value)
- When: Sunday, August 10, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: University of the District of Columbia, Performing Arts Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Miss Black USA Pageant
Amanda McCoy has been involved with helping her community since she was a young girl growing up in North Carolina. So it was only natural for her to advocate for the Heart Truth Campaign, which promotes awareness of heart disease, during her tenure as Miss Black USA 2013. The college senior, who also mentors school-aged girls in social skills and literacy, will pass on her crown in August to the next young woman who exemplifies leadership and, most importantly, passion for social change within the African-American community.
During the pageant, 50 contestants will showcase their various talents, participate in dynamic group dance numbers, and share their ideals with a live audience. It’s all in hopes of earning the title of Miss Black USA, a title that includes a scholarship and a platform to promote health and education.
4200 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, DC 20008