- $25 for one general-admission ticket (up to $54.50 value)
- How they came together: The band’s founding members were graduates of the esteemed Vienna College of Music and met while playing at the nearby Josef Mnozil’s pub in 1992.
- What to expect: World-class brass playing mixed with singing, foot stomping, choreographed dancing, Austrian-style humor (think of a darker Monty Python), and impressive lung capacity
- Song repertoire To say it’s diverse would be an understatement. The band plays everything from classical and jazz numbers to iconic pop hits from the likes of Queen and Michael Jackson.
- Unusual instruments: Alongside trumpets and french horns, audiences might get to see a bass trumpet and a custom rotary-valved trumpet.
- Accolades: Mnozil Brass has been touring internationally for more than two decades, and they’ve earned high praise from horn players such as Wycliffe Gordon along the way.
- Interesting fact: For this show, the band joins forces with freelance director Bernd Jeschek, the man responsible for creating the “first operetta of the 21st Century:” Das Trojanische Boot.