- General admission to Modern Sky Festival NYC
- When: Saturday, October 4, at 6 p.m. and Sunday, October 5, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Rumsey Playfield
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the lineup and schedule
- $99 for two multi-day passes, valid on Saturday and Sunday (up to $170 value)
- $79 for two single-day passes, valid on Saturday (up to $96 value)
- $79 for two single-day passes, valid on Sunday (up to $96 value)
Modern Sky Festival NYC
- Cat Power (Sunday): From Memphis soul to smokey blues to punky electropop, singer-songwriter Chan Marshall has eluded pigeonholes throughout her decades as an indie-rock fixture. Her most recent album, 2012’s Sun, hit the Billboard Top 10 and earned critical praise from Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly.
- Atomic Bomb! The Music of William Onyeabor (Saturday): This tribute to Nigerian funk singer William Onyeabor lands in Central Park after a European tour, and features Jamie Lidell & the Mahotella Queens (from Nashville and Johannesburg), Atomic Bomb!’s Ahmed Ghallab and his band Sinkane, the Beastie Boys’ Money Mark, Hot Chip’s Alexis Taylor, and an arsenal of horn players and Nigerian percussionists.
- Liars (Saturday): This angular dance-punk trio became the belles of indie rock and Pitchfork with acclaimed albums that feature long, sinister titles such as They Threw Us All in a Trench and Stuck a Monument on Top and They Were Wrong, So We Drowned.
- Stars (Sunday): Juno-nominated Canadian indie-pop troupe, whose members often play Red Rover with Broken Social Scene, craft slick and soulful pop that suggests the Smiths cheering up with Marvin Gaye.
- The Both (Sunday): A magical merger of indie-rock guitar champ Ted Leo and Academy Award–nominated heartbreaker Aimee Mann is accentuated by witty banter from both of them.
- Other Notable Acts: Re-TROS | The Blood Brothers | Zhang Xuan | Second Hand Rose | Shuh Tou | Lenka | Omnipotent Youth Society