All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Despite baseball’s unofficial theme song, peanuts and crackerjacks were replacements for the original, mid-1850s snacks of heavily salted licorice and wooden chewin’ slabs. Keep your family traditions classic, but not too classic, with today’s deal for an outing to a Modesto Nuts home game at John Thurman Field. Choose between the following seating options:
- For $20, you get two Super Box tickets to a choice of six games (up to a $20 value), a souvenir baseball (a $6 value), two hot dogs (a $7 value), and two beers or large soft drinks (a $9 value) from the concessions stands (up to a $42 total value). If Super Box seats are unavailable, the next-best seating option will be substituted.
- For $22, you get four general-admission tickets to a choice of six games (a $24 value), one souvenir baseball (a $6 value), two hot dogs (a $7 value), and two medium soft drinks (a $7 value) from the concessions stands (a $44 total value).
This Groupon may be redeemed at the following games:
- Against the Visalia Rawhide on Sunday, August 21, at 6:05 p.m.
- Against the Lake Elsinore Storm on Monday, August 22, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Lake Elsinore Storm on Tuesday, August 23, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Lake Elsinore Storm on Wednesday, August 24, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Visalia Rawhide on Sunday, September 4, at 6:05 p.m.
- Against the Visalia Rawhide on Monday, September 5, at 1:05 p.m.
A Class A-Advanced affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, the Modesto Nuts have earned a loyal fan base with a baseball tradition dating back to 1946. General-admission tickets let guests cheer from 200-level seats, and fans with a penchant for booing very softly at opposing teams can relish close-up Super Box seats, which are located along the first- and third-base lines. This season, right-handed hurler Chad Bettis rules the pitching roster with 139 strikeouts over 134.2 innings. Right fielder Kent Matthes has made the slugging stats sizzle over 93 games, socking 23 balls out of the park and batting in 95 runs with a flaming tiki torch. Groupon-holding pairs can play pickle with a brand-new commemorative baseball, and families of ballhawks may devour hot-dog feasts as the Nuts and their foes vie for the honor of not being losers.
In addition to fielding the current roster of hard-hitting hombres, the Modesto Nuts has been home to a host of Hall of Famers, including clutch slugger Reggie Jackson, World Series–winning coach Sparky Anderson, famed relief pitcher Rollie Fingers, and Rollie Fingers’s anthropomorphic mustache, Charles.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 6, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person (Super Box option) or limit 1 per person (General Admission option). Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of game. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at John Thurman Field box office. Must provide first and last name at checkout. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Modesto Nuts
Since 1960, the city of Modesto has been the minor league home to six different big league franchises including the New York Yankees, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oakland Athletics. But despite all the bouncing around, the Nuts have consistently won, and have captured five California League championships over the years. Now affiliated with the Colorado Rockies, the team is still looking for its first title under the Nuts moniker, which it officially adopted in 2005 as a nod to the region's farming products and any fans who try to catch foul balls in their mouths.