Music is often referred to as the universal language because it transcends cultural barriers and because everyone thinks the cantina scene in Star Wars is really cool. Have a transcendent experience with this GrouponLive deal.
- $27 for two tickets to see P.O.D. and Flyleaf (up to a $53.60 value)
- When: Sunday, July 14, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Mojoes
- General admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
”Boom” live at Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne
* Number of studio albums: eight * Number of albums sold: 12 million worldwide * Best-known singles: “Youth of the Nation,” “Alive,” “Will You,” “Boom” * What P.O.D. stands for: “Payable On Death” * What P.O.D. does not stand for: “Prance, or Don’t,” “Pile of Doughnuts” * Greatest leap of faith: despite living out of their car, the band turned down a $100,000 record deal in 1998 because “God ha[d] a bigger plan for P.O.D.”
“Fire Fire” live at Grand Stafford Theater in Bryan, Texas
* Newest album: New Horizons * Newest member: Kristen May, replacing singer Lacey Sturm, who left after the birth of her son * Oldest member: that’s rude, you don’t ask those kinds of things * First sign of Flyleaf’s imminent fame: played SXSW in 2003, two years before the release of their debut album * Video game appearances: Rock Band, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock * Movie soundtrack appearances: Resident Evil: Extinction, Live Free or Die Hard
With two stories, four bars, a massive soundboard, and 12,600 square feet of room for music to roam, the entertainment complex of Mojoes polishes sonic heirlooms and gives fans breathing room for full-lunged sing-alongs. Polished hardwood floors accentuate a cozy, couch-laden lounge area—a decided class that extends to the concert area in the form of a giant chandelier hanging overhead.