- $30 for a horseracing package for four (a $63 value)
- Where: Monmouth Park Race Track
- When: Any race day through Sunday, September 27, except Haskell Day on August 2
- See the calendar of events
- Seating: Private box; click here for more information
- Gates Open: 11:30 a.m.; the first race takes place at 12:50 p.m.
- Admission for four to the clubhouse (a $20 value)
- Four private box seats (a $12 value)
- Valet parking for one vehicle (a $10 value)
- Four official track programs (a $14 value)
- A $2 betting voucher
- $5 off at the gift shop
Children 12 and under receive free admission.
2015 Season at Monmouth Park
Monmouth Park Race Track
On June 19, 1946, a veritable herd of racing fans—18,724 of them, in fact—galloped through the turnstiles at Monmouth Park Race Track. It was a gathering fit for a historic return, and indeed it was: 53 years separated that moment from the last time the track had hosted a race. Originally opened in 1870 in an effort to increase summer trade, Monmouth Park was immediately popular, earning the moniker “Newmarket of America," a reference to the famed course in England. Yet in 1894, the state of New Jersey banned wagering on horses, effectively ending the facility's operations. In the 1940s, though, a man named Amory M. Haskell lobbied to have that law reversed. Today, the track honors its legislative savior by hosting the annual $1 million Haskell Invitational, the richest Invitational in America. The1 1/8-mile race limited to standout 3-year-olds in a race “Where Champions Prove Their Greatness”.