To enhance their already ferocious appearance, monster-truck drivers often adorn their vehicles with frightening imagery such as flames, skulls, and grandma’s angry face on the hood. Get intimidated with this GrouponLive deal see the Monster X Tour at the Norris-Penrose Event Center on Friday, August 17, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Choose from the following options:
- For $24, you get a monster-truck show package for one (up to a $55.50 value).
- For $48, you get a monster-truck show package for two (up to a $111 value).
- For $96, you get a monster-truck show package for four (up to a $222 value).<p>
For each person, the package includes the following:
- One general-admission ticket (up to a $20.50 value, including facility fees)
- One pass to a pit party, which runs from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (a $5 value)
- One Monster X Tour flag, available in checkered or black (a $15 value)
- One Monster X Tour LED necklace (a $15 value)<p>
Crunching metal and the sweet smell of burning rubber prevail as the Monster X Tour invades the Norris-Penrose Event Center, thrilling all ages in an action-packed motorsports showcase. A fleet of competitive 10,000-pound monster trucks, including El Perro Loco, Nasty Boy, and Rat Racer, faces off through jaw-dropping races, wheelie contests, and freestyle car composting. Team Kid KJ’s preadolescent crushers, including 8-year-old KJ, 6-year-old Jake and 13-year-old Cassie, take their mini monster trucks onto the field to sunder sedans and assert their dominance over puny school buses. Amateur drivers get their chance to shine in the Tuff Trucks event, where they tackle a challenging obstacle course, and Quad Wars, which sees fearless four-wheelers skidding and leaping around the arena.
Before the show, ticket packages also grant access to the pit party, where fans can have autographs signed by the drivers. During intermission, attendees get the opportunity to eschew sea level with a ride inside a monster truck. Monster X Tour flags let Groupon buyers wave banners in support of favored four-wheelers, and LED necklaces’ greenish glow lets families tell each other apart from malevolent Transformers in the event of a power outage.
Central Colorado City
1045 Lower Gold Camp Rd.
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80905Get Directions