What You'll Get
- $10 for one ticket for general admission ticket on Friday, March 17, at 7:30 p.m. at Sherwood Hall (up to $25 value)
- $15 for one ticket for a rear balcony ticket and a pre-concert reception on Saturday, March 18, at 8 p.m. at Sunset Center (up to $30 value)
The Saturday pre-concert reception includes appetizers, wine, and electronic music.
- The Theme: The fourth program of the season will explore the music of operas and ballets (and Broadway musicals) based off of Shakespeare’s works. Throughout, expect everything from Tchaikovsky’s Romeo and Juliet to selections from West Side Story.
- Special Guest: Bruno Aprea, who serves as the Artistic Director and Principal Conductor of the Palm Beach Opera, will conduct.
- Program Highlight: Verdi’s La forza del destino Overture. When audiences received this four-act opera with less fanfare than he’d hoped, Verdi returned to the drawing board to broaden its appeal. As well as an off-stage duel and the decision use instruments instead of crying babies, the changes included an epic overture that brought together many of the opera’s melodies.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 19, 2017. Limit 10/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.