What You'll Get
- $10 for one ticket for general admission ticket on Friday, April 21, at 7:30 p.m. at Sherwood Hall (up to $25 value)
- $15 for one ticket for a best available seating ticket and a pre-concert reception on Saturday, April 22, at 8 p.m. at Sunset Center (up to $30 value)
The Saturday pre-concert reception includes appetizers, wine, and electronic music.
- The Theme: The fifth program of the season explores the music of operas and ballets based off of Shakespeare’s works.
- Special Guest: Renowned coloratura soprano Cyndia Sieden—who’s wowed the audiences of the world’s great opera houses and concert stages, including the Metropolitan Opera, the Royal Opera House Covent Garden, Munich’s Bayerische Staatsoper, and Paris’s Opera Bastille—takes the spotlight.
- Program Highlight: Sieden’s stunning performance of the demanding Arias of Desdemona from Verdi’s Otello, including the famous “Willow Song” and Act IV’s “Ave Maria”
- Also Featuring: Mahler—Symphony No. 4, where a reserved first movement flits between pastoral swells and playful trills before the second descends into a danse macabre, led by an eerily tuned solo violin representing the German personification of death. The piece concludes swiftly and lyrically as Sieden returns in the final movement.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 23, 2017. Limit 10/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.