When the Montgolfier brothers invented the hot-air balloon in 1783, they hoped to match the bird's ability to travel by flight and roast marshmallows 3,000 feet above ground. Admire man-made fowl with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one single-day adult ticket to Montgolfières International Balloon Festival (up to a $30 value)
- When: August 10–18
- Where: Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
- General admission
- Gate time: 1:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday; 12 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Hot-air-balloon rides are not included with tickets.
- Click here to see the daily schedule of events.
Groupon holders must print out and present their voucher to be admitted. Admission for children two and younger is free; admission for children 3–12 is $8.
Montgolfières International Balloon Festival
- What it is: nine days of live music, hot-air balloons, and family activities
- How close it is: approximately 20 minutes from Montreal
- Some of the musical acts: Taio Cruz (Saturday, August 10, at 9 p.m.), Owl City (Wednesday, August 14, at 9:15 p.m.), Roger Hodgson of Supertramp (Friday, August 16, at 9 p.m.)
- Where you've heard Taio Cruz: the British R&B-tinged pop crooner has lent his pipes to singles "Dynamite" and "Break Your Heart," which features Ludacris
- His awards: AMA's 2010 Breakthrough Artist; Billboard's Top Hot 100 Song in 2011
- Who Owl City is: the musical outlet of platinum-earning Adam Young
- His hits: "Fireflies" and "Umbrella Beach"
- Where else you've heard his music: the soundtracks to Wreck-It Ralph and The Smurfs 2, alongside Carly Rae Jepsen in "Good Time"
- Some of Supertramp's greatest hits featuring Roger Hodgson's crystal-clear tenor: "Dreamer," "Give a Little Bit," "Take the Long Way Home"
- Who else will perform: Charles Aznavour
- How you know him: as one of France's most popular singers, a national hero of Armenia, Officer of the National Order of Quebec
- Anything else? he's a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame and a three-time Edison Award winner
- Is that it? he also collaborated with Edith Piaf, Fred Astaire, and Frank Sinatra
- Shapes that hot-air balloons can come in: the traditional upside-down teardrop, a giant daisy, a fire hydrant, a beehive, a hummingbird, despair
- Family activities on hand: an entertainment zone with face-painting, an obstacle course, and a balloon booth; History in 3D, an interactive art exhibit on the War of 1812; the Kik Challenge, featuring soccer and Kik yogurt
5, ch de L'Aeroport
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC J3B 7B5Get Directions