- One ticket to Mother’s Day Experience 2014
- When: Sunday, May 11, at 6 p.m.
- Where: BankUnited Center
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $28 for section 118, rows X–DD (up to $56.40 value)
- $38 for section 113 or 122, rows A–M (up to $77.40 value)
- $49 for floor section 3 or 4, rows A–J (up to $98.15 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Mother’s Day Experience 2014
- Other names Monica goes by: Monica Denise Brown, but you can call her Miss Thang
- The age that she unleashed her debut album, Miss Thang: 14
- “Don’t Take It Personal (Just One of Dem Days)” and “Before You Walk Out Of My Life”: the hits from her debut that made her the youngest artist to have two back-to-back number-one singles
- What happened when she paired with fellow teen star Brandy: they recorded “The Boy Is Mine,” which scored a Grammy; spent 13 weeks at number one; and started The Great Boy Tug of War of 1998, in which boys gladly sacrificed their limbs for Monica’s love
- Since then: Monica’s racked up more than 25 million albums sold, released six more hit albums, and secured a sweet spot at #24 on Billboard’s list of the Top 50 R&B/Hip Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years
- Where you’ve seen and heard her lately: advising CeeLo Green on The Voice, crooning “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” on the soundtrack to The Best Man Holiday, and playing the role she was born to play on the reality show Monica: Still Standing
- You know Deniece Williams best from: ’70s and early ’80s R & B hits such as “Free,” “Silly,” and the feel-good Footloose hit “Let’s Hear It for the Boy”
- Since then: she’s turned her famed four-octave range and tomcat soprano toward gospel, racking up four Grammys in that field
- R & B group bringing the new jack swing to the Mother’s Day soiree: Jagged Edge
- Jagged Edge number-one hits that, when played in reverse chronological order, explain how most of the audience came to exist: “Where the Party At” and “Let’s Get Married”