- $22 for one ticket to Mount Dora Live Presents: The Charlie Daniels Band (up to $37.75 value)
- When: Saturday, September 27, at 4 p.m. The Charlie Daniels Band takes the stage at 8 p.m.
- Where: Elizabeth Evans Park
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Audience members are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to sit on. Seating is also available on the bleachers, 175 feet from the stage.
Mount Dora Live Presents: The Charlie Daniels Band
- Headliner: The Charlie Daniels Band
- How long Charlie’s been furiously playing the fiddle: more than 50 years
- His forte: country tunes that take the backroads into Southern rock
- The Beelzebub-whuppin’ hit that brings down the house: “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” for which he earned a 1979 Grammy for Best Country Vocal Performance
- Member of: the Grand Ole Opry, the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame
- Opener: Casey Jamerson, a singer-songwriter who also melds country and rock
- Her band: the nationally touring Caja Rokk
- Unexpected bullets on her resume: starred on Broadway in the musical version of Bring it On, toured Australia in the circus, knows how to sing a lion to sleep
- Other opener: Benton Blount
- His genre: like his two fest-mates, country rock, especially guitar-heavy ballads
- Such as: the single “Carolina,” the perfect showcase for his gruff voice