What You'll Get
With its combination of friction-free motion and wholesome fun, roller-skating quickly replaced ditch digging and dancing frenetically to “Shipoopi” as America’s favorite first-date activity. Rediscover the appeal of the wheels with today’s deal for men’s roller derby at Skate Safe America in Old Bethpage on October 22 at 10 a.m. Doors open at 9 a.m. Children 8 and younger are admitted for free, and all seating is general admission. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get a roller-derby outing for two (up to a $64 total value). Each outing includes:
- Two general-admission tickets (a $40 value in advance, a $50 value at the door)
- Two soft drinks from the snack bar (a $4 value)
Two commemorative programs from the event (a $10 value)<p>
- For $45, you get a roller-derby outing for four (up to a $128 total value). Each outing includes:
- Four general-admission tickets (an $80 value in advance, a $100 value at the door)
- Four soft drinks from the snack bar (an $8 value)
- Four commemorative programs from the event (a $20 value)<p>
During the Big Apple Beatdown, an all-day roller-derby tournament hosted by the New York Shock Exchange, spectators arrive to the rink with chairs under their arms to watch six notable MRDA teams battle for the National Champion title. Bouts begin at 10 a.m. with the Dallas Deception taking on the Magic City Misfits in a storm of skates, helmets, and trampled 10-gallon hats. Other teams battling for supremacy include the St. Louis GateKeepers, Puget Sound Derby Outcasts, and Pioneer Valley Dirty Dozen. A special women’s game will also be held featuring the Long Island Roller Rebels taking on the Jersey Shore Roller Girls. The championship bout commences at 7:30 p.m., and the day ends with a presentation of medals at 9:15 p.m., where one team is deemed the victor. Matches occur on two separate tracks, allowing smooth transitions between bouts and enough time for padded pros to finish a game of Connect the Bruises.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 22, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 20/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of event for admission. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Skate Safe America. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Skate Safe America. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects New York Shock Exchange's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.