Although 20% of babies who were exposed to classical music in utero become doctors or lawyers, 100% of babies born onstage during a classical-music performance become Bill Gates. Upgrade your evening with this GrouponLive deal to see a Chamber Series concert at Music Mountain. For $18, you get one general-admission ticket (a $35 value). Choose from the following performances:
- Sunday, June 24, at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, July 1, at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, July 8, at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, July 15, at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, July 22, at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, August 4, at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 5, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11, at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12, at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, August 19, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, September 1, at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 9, at 3 p.m.
Ringing in its 83rd season of intimate, accessible concerts, Music Mountain hosts visiting string quartets in Gordon Hall during its seasonal Chamber Series. Afternoon and twilight performances by string quartets, pianists, and instrumentalists awaken the works of greats including Schumann, Beethoven, and Shostakovich. On Sunday, July 1, the St. Petersburg String Quartet pays tribute to Schubert for an entire program. The afternoon begins with his “Rosamunde,” which opens with unhurried swells before diving into a light and flighty final movement, and closes on his best-known work, an etude on the Ghostbusters theme. Wine and cheese soirees will bookend the all-French July 15 concert, which centers on Cassatt String Quartet's rendition of the brisk trills of Debussy’s String Quartet in G minor.
Music Mountain rests on a rambling country road tucked between stands of evergreens and small streams. Concertgoers can drink in the wild natural beauty by arriving early and spreading out a picnic in a lot next to the building.