- One ticket to see the “Mythbusters: Behind the Myths” tour
- When: Thursday, December 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Bell Auditorium
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees. <p>
- $24 for third-balcony section 9 or 13 (up to $48 value)
- $32 for second-balcony sections 7–9 or 13–15 (up to $64.25 value)
- $37 for rear-floor sections 4–6, or first-balcony section 8 or 9 (up to $75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Mythbusters: Behind the Myths Tour
Two audience members pedal madly on stationary bikes. A pair of water balloons hang precariously above them, slowly filling thanks to their partners’ motion, and both participants are attempting to avoid a soaking. But there’s a problem—the contraption has become unhooked. “Am I allowed to climb this?” asks host Adam Savage, scaling the 12-foot structure without waiting for an answer. Moments later, the balloons are filling, then bursting, and the two racers are dripping wet. These impromptu hijinks perfectly sum up Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman’s live show: the Mythbusters don’t guarantee that everything will go right the first time (or even at all), but they do guarantee it will be fun.<p>
Inspired by their long-running television series, Mythbusters: Behind the Myths invites audience members on stage to get down and dirty with some hands-on science. Among other experiments, fans may recline on a bed of nails, run a simple obstacle course with an altered sense of perspective, or marvel as a medieval suit of armor faces off against a gatling gun loaded with paintballs. All the while, Savage bounces from setup to setup with a boyish, barely-contained energy, and Hyneman keeps things grounded with deadpan charm. Part physics class, part performance art, and all live-action cartoon, the show gives attendees the chance to become human guinea pigs without renting an enormous running-wheel.