- National Media Awards Gala for Men and Women, honoring Roma Downey, Babbie Mason, and Ted Baehr
- When: Saturday, April 5, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $12 for one ticket and one soft-drink or bottled water (up to $24 value)
- $20 for two tickets and two soft-drinks or bottled waters (up to $48 value)
National Media Conference Awards Gala
- The event: a gala capping off the Christian Women in Media Association’s national conference, and an awards ceremony honoring some of the most influential Christian women in entertainment
- Receiving the Excellence in Communication Award for Film & Television: Roma Downey
- How you know Roma: she’s the executive producer (along with husband Mark Burnett) of The Bible miniseries and the film Son of God
- Where you’ve seen her: playing the Virgin Mary in both projects
- What to expect from her video acceptance: messages of faith, inspiration, and encouragement
- Recipient of the evening’s Excellence in Communication Award for Music: Babbie Mason
- How you know she’s an excellent communicator in music: she’s a Grammy-nominated, multiple Dove Award–winning singer/songwriter and a Christian Music Hall of Fame inductee
- Other examples of her communication abilities: she’s the author of books such as Embraced by God and This I Know for Sure, and she’s a talk-show host
- Perk of the evening: Babbie will share her soulful voice by singing live and, hopefully, passing out mason jars that she’s sung into
- The keynote speaker: Ted Baehr - Film Critic, Movie Guide Founder & Publisher. Movie Guide is a family Guide to movies and entertainment
- What to thank him for if you meet him: founding and publishing Movieguide
Christian Women in Media Association
Since 2002, Christian Women in Media Association has created an ever-growing network for women of faith wishing to change popular culture. With five regional hubs—in Dallas, Nashville, New York, Minneapolis, and even Hollywood—they’ve not only created a platform to impact the media, they also provide endless inspiration. That inspiration is in abundance at their annual April conferences in Dallas, where they attract the top Christian speakers and entertainers, and at their CWIMA National Music Showcase in Nashville, where Christian female singers raise their gifted voices.