Customers can embark on a discovery tour of underground caverns featuring ancient formations such as stalagmites and stalactites
About This Deal
- Visiting Texas state’s impressive natural-heritage attraction, cavern-explorers pass through winding corridors 180 ft underground, admiring nature-built formations.
- Departure time: Every 10-40 minutes
- Tour duration: around 60 minutes
- Walking distance: 3/4 mile
- Comfortable walking shoes which provide good traction on steep, wet surfaces recommended
- Strollers are not recommended due to the restrictive bends of the natural cavern passages and four sections of stairs (the longest flight consists of 35 steps up) as well as the strenuous nature of the actual tour
- For hours of operation, click here.
About Natural Bridge Caverns
The story of the Natural Bridge Caverns date back to... well, it depends on who we ask. If we ask Orion Knox Jr., Preston Knodell, Al Brandt, and Joe Cantu, and they'll tell us of the fateful March in 1960 when they uncovered the massive underground chambers beneath San Antonio's famous 60-foot limestone bridge. If we ask the caverns themselves, we'll find the story goes back 20 million years, when cracking faults beneath the earth allowed water to carve out the giant passages. No matter which story we follow, the caverns remain an incredible mix of stunning natural sights and modern attractions.