The ’70s were a golden age for soul songwriters, since soul stations were popping up all over and the most popular names in the country were “Baby” and “Ooh.” Shake your hips to old-fashioned simplicity with this GrouponLive deal.
- $24 to see 70’s Soul Jam featuring The Stylistics, Brenton Wood, Bloodstone, Peaches and Herb, and Barbara Lewis (up to a $48.15 value)
- When: Sunday, July 14, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Greek Theatre
- Seating: section C
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
70’s Soul Jam
The Stylistics performing "You Are Everything" live
* The sound: smoother than silk sheets soaked in clarified butter * The look: sharp, often with matching suits * The school: old * Philly soul hits The Stylistics sang that are capable of soothing a jittery rabbit: "Betcha by Golly, Wow," "You Are Everything" * Where else you've heard "Betcha by Golly, Wow": covered by Prince * Number of gold singles The Stylistics gathered: five, including one for "You Make Me Feel Brand New" * Brenton Wood songs you've sung to yourself, but probably didn't know the titles of: "Gimme Little Sign," "The Oogum Boogum Song" * Why you didn't know the titles: because he sings "just gimme some kind of sign, girl," and neither oogum nor boogum are real words * Peaches and Herb song that everybody knows by heart: "Reunited" * Bloodstone hits that make you want to slow dance with anything that has legs: "Outside Woman," "Natural High" * Barbara Lewis singles that made the '60s a better place: "Puppy Love," "Hello Stranger"
89% of 18 customers recommend
“Good experience. The seats were surprisingly good.”