- $24 for one G-Pass to Retro Futura Tour (up to $48.75 value)
- When: Friday, August 29, at 7 p.m.
- Where: The Greek Theatre
- Seating: Section C
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Retro Futura Tour 2014
- What it is: a gathering of some of the most popular British new-wave musicians from the 1980s
- How you remember Tom Bailey: as the bassist and vocalist of the Thompson Twins, whose super-hits include “In the Name of Love,” “Lies,”and “Hold Me Now”
- How you remember Howard Jones: from his double-platinum album Human’s Lib
- Jones’ Hollywood connection: his song “Like to Get to Know You Well” soundtracked John Cusack fixing his Camaro in the surreal ’80s comedy Better Off Dead
- How Ultravox’s Midge Ure describes their hit “Vienna”: “We wanted to take the song and make it incredibly pompous in the middle, leaving it very sparse before and after, but finishing with a typically over-the top classical ending. The whole thing was a bit tongue in cheek.”
- Evidence the public might not have picked up on the joke: the single rocketed to the number-two spot, and was later named by Radio 2 to be Britain’s favorite song to ever halt at the runner-up spot
- China Crisis’s claim to fame: the hit single “Wishful Thinking”
- How Katrina Leskanich of Katrina and The Waves improved the ’80s and water-park lines everywhere: by lending her vocals to “Walking on Sunshine”