Metaphors for laughter are often surprisingly violent, from busting a gut to splitting your sides to tumbling down the jagged face of Joke Mountain. Break a funny bone with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to Never Shoot a Stampede Queen
- Where: Granville Island Stage
- Door time: one hour before the show
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $25 for C seating in the left or right wings (up to a $50 value)
- $35 for B seating, or C seating in center rows A–B (up to a $70 value)
- $45 for A seating (up to a $90 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available seating and show options.<p>
<i>Never Shoot a Stampede Queen</i>
Based on Mark Leiren-Young’s award-winning comic memoir, Never Shoot a Stampede Queen follows a 22-year-old Vancouver journalist trying to make it in crime-ridden cowboy country. During his tenure at the Williams Lake Tribune, Leiren-Young witnessed some of the strangest sights of his life, from a defendant who showed up in court wearing a vest of explosives to a plane crash site where the pilot was nowhere to be found. The show takes its name from one of his lighter experiences, when a spiteful editor opted to use all of the worst photos of beauty queens in his feature on the Williams Lake Stampede—much to the dismay of their families. The one-man show stars Zachary Stevenson, an accomplished folk artist with extensive board-treading experience in The Buddy Holly Story, Hair, and Urinetown.
1585 Johnston St.
Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3R9