- $20 for one silver ticket for best-available seating (up to $56 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
- Friday, November 6 and Saturday, November 7, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 8, at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 10–Thursday, November 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 14, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 15, at 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18–Saturday, November 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 21 and Sunday, November 22, at 3 p.m.
Never the Sinner
When 14-year-old Bobby Franks was kidnapped from his wealthy Chicago neighborhood and murdered in nearby Hammond, Indiana, evidence quickly pointed toward two suspects: Nathan Leopold, Jr. and Richard Loeb. The men—in their late teens, affluent, and exceptionally intelligent—and their case—soon dubbed “The Trial of the Century”—drew considerable attention, both for the whys of the crime and for the impassioned speech their lawyer Clarence Darrow delivered on the ills of capital punishment. In John Logan’s critically acclaimed play, Leopold and Loeb’s multifaceted relationship takes literal center stage, painting an unnerving portrait of twisted intellect and unflinching devotion.
Logan culled his Off-Broadway hit from newspaper accounts of the true-life story, the mixture of biography and theatricality earning rave reviews since the play debuted in 1988. The Associated Press called it “brilliant, powerful, and cinematic” and Newhouse Newspapers heralded it as “a taut, compelling, psycho-sexual waltz,” with The New York Times simply declaring it to be “remarkable.”
Victory Gardens Theater
Victory Gardens Theater, a Tony winner for Outstanding Regional Theatre, produces world premiere productions. Since its multimillion dollar renovation of the Biograph Theater and its surrounding ectoplasm in 2006, Victory Gardens has called the historic landmark its home. One of the theater's 2010 premieres went on to become a Pulitzer Prize finalist. The Theater is devoted to artistic excellence and creating a vital and contemporary American Theater that is accessible to all people through its productions of fresh and challenging plays.