What You'll Get
- $14.50 for C-level seating (up to $29 value)
- $24.50 for B-level seating (up to $49 value)
- $30.50 for A-level seating (up to $61 value)
- See the seating charts for Berkeley, Palo Alto, San Francisco, and San Rafael
New Century Chamber Orchestra: Ray Chen Leads
- Mozart—Divertimento in F major: Created to serve as the background to social occasions such as dinners and staring at the empty space on the wall where a TV could go, divertimenti are merry, lighthearted tunes. Mozart wrote more than 30 of these.
- Britten—Variations on a Theme of Frank Bridge: Tapped at the last minute to compose a piece for the 1937 Salzburg Festival, Benjamin Britten turned to one of his biggest influences—his teacher, Frank Bridge—to craft this 25-minute character portrait. In the decades since, Britten’s eleventh-hour homage has become one of the most beloved pieces in the 20th-century string orchestra repertoire.
- Mozart—Violin Concerto No. 3: Mozart’s first four concertos were penned over the course of just one year, but it was his third that demonstrated an unprecedented degree of self assurance. This is most evident in the third movement, which foregoes ostentatious fireworks in favor of a graceful melody with confident tone quality.
- Edward Elgar—Introduction and Allegro for Strings: Written a year after Elgar’s knighting, Introduction and Allegro finds Sir Edward in total command of orchestration, assigning a solo violinist to lead a cavalry of strings through three deeply textured movements.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 14, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.