What You'll Get
Bands often run back onstage for an encore, especially if the crowd is chanting for them or if security hasn’t been able to capture the live animal running loose backstage. Go wild with this deal.
- One ticket to see Joan Baez with the Indigo Girls
- When: Wednesday, June 19, at 7:30 p.m
- Where: Prudential Hall at New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $22 for Tier 4 (up to a $43.85 value)
- $33 for Tier 2 or Tier 3 (up to a $66.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Joan Baez performing "Diamonds and Rust"
* Birthname: Joan Chandos Báez * Notable achievements: Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, introducing listeners to Bob Dylan at the Newport Folk Festival, making Bob Dylan songs sound like Joan Baez, appearing at Woodstock * Even more notable achievement: protesting with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. * Most famous covers: The Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," Pete Seeger's "We Shall Overcome," Bob Dylan's "Love is Just a Four-Letter Word" * Latest studio album: 2008’s Day After Tomorrow * If Joan Baez's vibrato was a piece of furniture: it would be a cushy massage chair set at "emulsify" * Inspiring Joan Baez quote: "That's all nonviolence is—organized love."
Indigo Girls performing "Galileo" at the Bing Lounge in 2011
* Proper names of the Indigo Girls: Amy Ray and Emily Saliers * Years that the duo has performed together: 28 * Estimated number of records sold: over 12 million * Grammy nominations: seven * Upbeat hits: "Closer to Fine," "Hammer and a Nail," "Galileo" * Proper chords to the chorus of "Closer to Fine'": D, Cadd9, G, and D, and don't forget to capo the 2nd fret, or your roommate wins * Most surprising appearance: starring as Jesus and Mary Magdalene in the 1994 musical revival of Jesus Christ Superstar * Latest studio album: their 14th, 2011's Beauty Queen Sister * Inspiration for the peppy title track: S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 19, 2013. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem for a ticket starting 6/19. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at New Jersey Performing Arts Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About New Jersey Performing Arts Center
New Jersey Performing Arts Center stands firm as a bastion of live entertainment, opening the doors to its two distinct venues for a wide array of productions. Inside Prudential Hall, 2,700 seats fill the multitiered auditorium where ballets, symphony orchestras, and Broadway shows flourish beneath radiant lights and a domed ceiling. Victoria Theater, meanwhile, beckons visitors to its more intimate 500-seat confines for jazz concerts and contemporary dance performances.