“Bone crushing” is often used to describe hard football hits or those machines that make baking flour out of chicken bones. This GrouponLive deal is a hit.
- Game packages to see a New Jersey Spartans football game
- Where: Malcolm X Shabazz High School
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
Games and Dates
- NEAFL second-round playoff game against the Levittown Rebels on Saturday, June 7, at 5 p.m.
- Greek Bowl against the South Jersey Cerberus on Saturday, June 28, at 5 p.m.
- $25 for a gameday package for two (a $48 value)
- $45 for a gameday package for four (a $96 value)
Each package includes the following per person:
- One ticket (a $20 value)
- Soft drink (a $1 value)
- Hot dog or hamburger (up to a $3 value)
The Scouting Report
In its 100th game as a franchise, the Spartans tackled a goal that all teams set out to accomplish at the beginning of the season: winning their division. With a 6–2 regular-season record, the Spartans also sewed up a first-round bye in the league playoffs, giving them time to build up a head of steam or draft inspirational Homeric epics before making a run at the league title.
Regardless of how they fare in the postseason, one team stands in between the Spartans and the offseason: the South Jersey Cerberus. In the third-annual Greek Bowl, these two cross-town rivals compete for territorial pride.
New Jersey Spartans
The New Jersey Spartans may take their cues from the fierce warriors of an ancient Greek city-state, but their path as a football team also reflects another type of people: nomads. Since their founding in 2007, the Spartans have plied their hard-hitting craft in a number of leagues and tournaments, eager to take on any and all opponents in the rough-and-tumble realm of minor-league football. To further their place in the community—and build their football program from the ground up—the Spartans host youth football camps for aspiring players and tryouts for fully grown athletes eager to make a name for themselves on the gridiron.