- One ticket to see the New York Cosmos take on the San Antonio Scorpions
- When: Saturday, May 23, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Shuart Stadium at Hofstra University
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Will-call opens 3 hours before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $15 for sideline seating ($25 value)
- $20 for center-circle seating ($35 value)
The Scouting Report
The New York Cosmos enter this match against the San Antonio Scorpions with a score to settle—and the weapons to do it. The last time these clubs met, the Scorpions edged out the Cosmos in the NASL Semifinals and pushed onward to win the league title. But in this rematch, the New York lineup boasts one key difference. This offseason, the club signed Raúl, the legendary attacker who spent 16 years playing for Real Madrid, establishing himself in the record books as all-time leading goal scorer and all-time shortest name. Now the veteran star sets his sights on toppling the reigning NASL champs on the road toward another playoff appearance.
New York Cosmos
On June 17, 1985—after winning five North American League Soccer championships bringing some of soccer’s biggest names to the United States—the New York Cosmos played their last game in front of more than 8,500 fans at Giants Stadium. Nearly three decades of silence followed. But in 2013, the club was revived, much to the delight of the city’s fans and growing number of cobweb-covered soccer balls. That year, the Cosmos returned to the pitch and promptly re-established themselves as one of the NASL’s elite teams, capturing their sixth Soccer Bowl with a 1-0 victory over the Atlanta Silverbacks.