- $36 for a game-day package to see a New York Lizards lacrosse match against the Rochester Rattlers (up to a $55.10 total value)
- When: Opening Night on Sunday, April 27, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Shuart Stadium at Hofstra University
- Seating: Silver
- Gate time: 4:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The package includes:
- One ticket (up to a $20 value)
- A voucher for $12.25 worth of food and drinks
- One locker room T-shirt (a $22.85 value)
- Access to a post-game autograph session
The Scouting Report
The Opening Night match-up between the Lizards and Rattlers might feel a bit strange for Lizards’ new attacker Ned Crotty—a year ago, he was Rochester’s leading scorer. An off-season trade brought the Duke alum to Long Island, where he’ll join all-star goalie Drew Adams and a promising Lizards roster in pursuit of the franchise’s third Major League Lacrosse title. The match on April 27 marks the first of seven home dates for the Lizards this season. It also decides which team has lacrosse supremacy over New York and the preferential treatment from the state’s cab drivers that comes with it.
New York Lizards
It’s no coincidence that the greatest game in New York Lizards history also resulted in the team’s second MLL championship. In 2003, the Lizards squared off against the Chesapeake Bayhawks—the third straight title game between the two—and emerged victorious during an overtime thriller. Much like when someone starts a eulogy with a knock-knock joke, the Lizards wasted no time making a great first impression on the league. Their two Steinfeld Cups—the first of which came during the league’s inaugural season in 2001—established a winning tradition in Long Island, and one that has persisted since.