- One ticket to Nice Work If You Can Get It
- When: 8 p.m. on Friday, October 3 or Saturday, October 4
- Where: Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $34 for mezzanine seating (up to $56.50 value)
- $45 for orchestra seating (up to $75 value)
- Click here to view the mezzanine seating chart.
- Click here to view the orchestra seating chart.
Nice Work If You Can Get It
Set in the golden age of the Roaring Twenties—when flappers flapped and playboys played—Nice Work If You Can Get It is a giddily romantic musical. In the good ol’ days of prohibition, debonaire tomcat Jimmy Winter is prepared to go down the aisle once more. But during a bachelor party bash, he meets a bubbly bootlegger by the name of Billie Bendix. He thinks she’s the bee’s knees. She thinks he’s a chump whose fancy mansion would make an ideal place for her gang to hide her hooch. And when guys and goons meet dolls and molls, the madcap comedy pulls audiences into a tizzy of dazzling choreography, toe-tapping songs, and laughs that hit the heart right in the kisser.
The touring production of Nice Work If You Can Get It rolls into town with hotsy-totsy acclaim. TheaterJones.com calls it “Hilarious and uplifting,” while D Magazine hails it as “bursting with sass and vitality.” Headlining the talented cast are Alex Enterline (Jimmy Winter)—who’s proven his musical prowess in productions of Les Miserables and Spring Awakening— and Mariah MacFarlane (Billie Bendix), who recently starred in a touring production of American Idiot. And if those fizzy showtunes seen familiar, it’s because they’re all drawn from the songbooks of the great George and Ira Gershwin. Expect to hum along to timeless standards such as “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off,” “Someone to Watch Over Me,” and “Fascinating Rhythm.”