All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $25 for one G-Pass to see Nickel Creek with Josh Ritter (up to $43.45 value)
- When: Friday, August 15, at 8 p.m.
- Where: nTelos Wireless Pavilion
- Seating: gold circle left or right, rows P–V
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Nickel Creek with Josh Ritter
- Who Nickel Creek is: mandolin player Chris Thile, fiddle player Sara Watkins, and guitarist Sean Watkins
- How they got their start: playing a bluegrass show at a pizza restaurant in Carlsbad California, circa 1989
- What they sound like: three-part harmony cascading over acoustic folk and progressive bluegrass
- 2003: when their album This Side won a Grammy award for Best Contemporary Folk Album
- 2005: when they laced rock and pop into their sound with fifth album Why Should the Fire Die?
- 2007: when they ended their Farewell (For Now) Tour to concentrate on solo projects
- 2014: when they reunited for their latest album, A Dotted Line, and began touring again
- Where they got their band name: from a song by Sara Watkins’ old fiddle instructor, Byron Berline
- Where they didn’t get their band name: when inflation changed the name of Dime Creek to Nickel Creek
- How you know Josh Ritter: as a member of The Royal City Band
- What Paste magazine called him in 2006: one of the “100 Best Living Songwriters”
- Check out the Deal Guide’s exclusive interview with Ritter about his storytelling process here.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 15, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at nTelos Wireless Pavilion on 8/15. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.