- $13 for one ticket to see Nico & Vinz (up to $26.10 value)
- When: Thursday, May 28, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Varsity Theater
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Nico & Vinz
- Oslo: the Norwegian capitol where Kahouly Nicolay “Nico” Sereba and Vincent “Vinz” Dery came together as a musical duo and landed their first hit, “One Song”
- Envy: the name they recorded under until January 2014, and a feeling other recording artists may harbor for them
- “Am I Wrong”: The multiplatinum international smash hit that introduced the world to Nico & Vinz’s fusion of dance, hip-hop, and R&B grooves. It was also the single that brought about their current name.
- 4: where “Am I Wrong” landed on the Billboard Hot 100, making it the highest charting track by a Norwegian act since a-Ha’s “Take on Me”
- 194,835,726: the astounding number of YouTube views of “Am I Wrong” as of 4/9/2015 at 9:15 a.m. (PST)
- Other places you’ve heard Nico & Vinz: performing at the Nobel Peace Prize festival and on Dancing with the Stars
- Black Star Elephant: the duo’s debut album under their own names, which features “Am I Wrong” and their latest hit, “When the Day Comes”
If the building at 1308 4th Street had a mouth, it could tell many stories. It could tell of its birth as The University Theater in 1915 and how its infancy was spent in vaudeville, presenting everything from minstrel shows to early silent films. It could tell of the art deco remodel by architects Jack Liebenberg and Seeman Kaplan that turned it into a full-time movie house for the next 50 years. And it could tell of its days in the '90s and early 2000s when it worked as an underground club and a photography studio. But today, in its own way, the theater speaks mostly of the current music scene, hosting everyone from Mumford and Sons to Feist and Saul Williams.