Bluegrass music was born in the mountains, where the thin air carried every banjo note for miles and fiddlers could rosin their bows on passing clouds. Tune your ears to sky-high melodies with this GrouponLive deal.
- $39 for one G-Pass to see Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers Featuring Edie Brickell (up to a $59.99 value)
- When: Thursday, July 25, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Chicago Theatre
- Seating: balcony section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell
- Record you should own before the show: Love Has Come for You
- Record you'll buy after the show if you don't already own it: Love Has Come for You
- How this record began: Steve met Edie at a dinner party in 1992; they hit it off famously
- How this record was made: Steve sent Edie a banjo melody, lyrics flowed from her, they repeated that a few more times
- How long Steve has been playing banjo: since he was 17
- Who knew that: anybody who's seen his 1970s standup
- What you'll hear: some of the prettiest music to ever grow from the earth
- What you will see: a polished band a'pickin' and a'grinnin' along with charming comedy bits
- What you won't see: an arrow through Steve's head
- If you're not familiar with Edie Brickell: she led the band The New Bohemians with hits such as "What I Am;" she's also the reason you can't marry Paul Simon.
- On their own, the esteemed Steep Canyon Rangers won a Grammy in 2013 for their album Nobody Knows You
- With Steve on banjo, the Steep Canyon Rangers scored the Entertainers of the Year award at the International Bluegrass Music Association, and played on a broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion