- One pass to Noor Iranian Film Festival
- When: October 17–21
- Where: Laemmle’s Music Hall 3
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $7 for one single-screening ticket (up to $12 value)
- $78 for one festival-screening pass (up to $195 value)
- Click to view the list of films
Noor Iranian Film Festival
“Our goal is to shed ‘noor,’ or light, on Iranian culture through the medium of cinema,” declare the founders of the Noor Iranian Film Festival. Now in its seventh year, the fest has exceeded its goal thanks to thought-provoking films, a star-packed judging panel, and appearances by both Iranian and non-Iranian celebrities, including the Oscar-nominated Shohreh Aghdashloo and The Office’s Rainn Wilson.
- For a documentary about Iran’s most popular sport—wrestling—and the heartbreaking sacrifices young athletes make to be a part of it, see: Boys With Broken Ears
- For a glimpse into the life of a young bisexual Persian-American struggling with her identity in the midst of a breakup, see: Appropriate Behavior
- For a humorous and heartfelt romp through the travels of K-von Moezzi, a standup comedian exploring his heritage after being inspired by the Persian New Year, see: Persian New Year: Lost & Found
- For a fact-meets-fiction-meets-fact account of Iranian film director Jafar Panahi’s house arrest for creating “government propaganda,” see: Closed Curtain
- For a a glimpse behind the scenes, director Maziar Bahari will be in attendance for two of his films, To Light a Candle and Forced Confessions, for the festival’s Director Spotlight Series