Concerts, like dimly lit chandeliers, are more impressive outdoors and are more enchanting when adorned with strategically placed glow sticks. Take in open-air music with this GrouponLive deal to Northwest LoveFest at Warren G. Magnuson Park on Saturday, June 30, and Sunday, July 1. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get a basic festival package for one (a $20 total value), which includes admission for the entire weekend (a $15 value each) and one drink ticket (a $5 value each).
- For $20, you get a basic festival package for two (a $40 value).
- For $35, you get a festival package for two (up to a $72 total value) that includes:
- For $40, you get a festival package for two (up to an $80 total value) that includes:
- Basic festival package for two (a $40 value)
- Two hot air balloon rides (a $20 value each)
Billed not just as a concert but as a community, music, and arts festival, Northwest LoveFest seeks to strengthen ties through two and a half days of music on two stages, interactive art, and dance performance. On Saturday, Sleater-Kinney–inspired Portlanders The Angry Orts summon dance frenzies with the siren power of vocalist Sara Hernandez and drumming that bristles with nervous energy even in their more laidback numbers. The Portland Mercury praised their "massive pop hooks," delivered with "energetic onstage flair" honed over dozens of packed house parties.
Sunday's main-stagers The Young Evils use continual boy/girl harmonies to add extraordinary sonic density to their sing-along-ready guitar jangle, put on tape by producers shared by Nirvana and Sleigh Bells. Three Imaginary Girls lauded 2010 release Enchanted Chapel as "a bright blue briefcase full of melodic punk-blues," which they unpack onstage with folksy chemistry. Admission is free both days for children younger than 12, who can protect their budding eardrums and hum lullabies away from the noise in the play area, which hosts bouncy castles, crafts, and other activities.
7400 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, Washington 98115Get Directions