Without carnivals, grownups could only relive their childhoods by wearing oversize trench coats and pretending to be two kids pretending to be an adult. Step right up to this GrouponLive deal for the Oakland County Fair at Springfield Oaks County Park in Davisburg. For $21, you get a family-fair package (up to a $42 value) that includes the following:
- Four general-admission tickets to any grandstand event, which includes fair admission (up to an $8 value each)
- Parking for one car (a $10 value)
Grandstand events occur on the following days:
- Saturday, July 7: Figure 8 racing
- Monday, July 9: Battle of the Bands
- Tuesday, July 10: Super Kicker Rodeo
- Wednesday, July 11: Super Kicker Rodeo
- Thursday, July 12: Road Demo
- Friday, July 13: Monster Trucks
- Saturday, July 14: Championship Figure 8 Race
All four tickets must be used during the same visit. Children aged 5 and younger receive free admission. Click here for the schedule.
The roar of monster-truck engines, the grunts of bucking rodeo bulls, and the riffs of guitarists in the Battle of the Bands make up just three of the energetic sounds filling Springfield Oaks County Park during the 10-day Oakland County Fair. With a history that traces back to the 19th-century Oakland Agricultural Society, the fair reconnects the county with its natural heritage via free activities such as horse shows, 4-H events, and races among pigs that are too well raised to cheat by using their wings. Throughout the fair, visitors can arc skyward or spin wildly on carnival rides, and a free circus delights crowds with thrice-daily performances of acrobatic feats.