Tennis rackets were originally made of wood, which wasn’t ideal, since tennis balls were originally made of fire. Feel the heat of competition with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to a session of the Odlum Brown VanOpen presented by Miele & Trail Appliances
- Where: Hollyburn Country Club, West Vancouver
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 9 a.m. first match starts at 10 a.m.; last match is at 6:30 p.m.
- $26.40 for the all-day session on Monday, August 17 (a $44 value)
- $33.60 for the all-day session on Wednesday, August 19 (a $56 value)
Odlum Brown VanOpen presented by Miele & Trail Appliances
The Odlum Brown VanOpen presented by Miele & Trail Appliances welcomes back former world top-10 Janko Tipsarevic to this year’s action. More than the largest men’s and women’s pro tennis tournament in the Pacific Northwest, this USTA Pro Circuit and Tennis Canada event is also an historic stepping stone for future tennis stars, boasting alumni who have written their names into the annals of tennis lore. In 2005, Andy Murray marched all the way to the Open’s quarterfinals; seven years later, he won his first slam at the U.S. Open. Maria Sharapova won the tourney in 2002, paving the way for an illustrious career that has included five major titles. In 2015, a packed field of singles players and doubles teams will vie for a $200,000 total prize purse. While enjoying the action, fans can discuss which player has the athleticism, technical skill, and ball boy-hurling ability necessary to become the sport’s next superstar.