Tennis rackets were originally made of wood, which wasn't ideal, since tennis balls were originally made of fire. Feel the heat of competition with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to a session of the Odlum Brown VanOpen presented by Miele
- Where: Hollyburn Country Club, West Vancouver
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 9 a.m. first match starts at 10 a.m.; last match is at 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees and complimentary bus transfers from West-side Tennis Clubs
- $26.40 for the all-day session on Monday, July 28 (a $44 value)
- $33.60 for the all-day session on Wednesday, July 30 (a $56 value)
Odlum Brown VanOpen presented by Miele
The Odlum Brown VanOpen presented by Miele welcomes back former world top-10 Marcos Baghdatis to this year's action. More than the largest men's and women's pro tennis tournament in the Pacific Northwest, this USTA Pro Circuit and Tennis Canada event is also an historic stepping stone for future tennis stars, boasting alumni who have written their names into the annals of tennis lore. In 2005, Andy Murray marched all the way to the Open's quarterfinals; seven years later, he won his first slam at the U.S. Open. Maria Sharapova won the tourney in 2002, paving the way for an illustrious career that has included five major titles. In 2014, a field of 32 singles players and 16 doubles teams will vie for a $200,000 total prize purse. While enjoying the action, fans can discuss which player has the athleticism, technical skill, and ball boy-hurling ability necessary to become the sport's next superstar.