Many theatergoers claim that life imitates art, which can be frustrating when they pause arguments for intermissions or direct drivers to turn stage left at stop signs. Learn to navigate the theatrical world with today’s Groupon to OKC Theater Company, presented at in the Civic Center Music Hall. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get for one assigned seating ticket (up to a $25 value).
- For $22, you get two assigned seating tickets (up to a $50 value).
- For $40, you get four assigned seating tickets (up to a $100 value).
This deal is eligible for any performance of the following productions:
- Quilters, running from Friday, September 16, until Sunday, October 2, in Freede Little Theatre.
- Buried Child, running from Friday, October 21, until Sunday, November 6, in CitySpace Theatre.
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, running from Friday, December 2, until Sunday, December 18, in Freede Little Theatre.
OKC Theater Company illuminates narratives ranging from classics to comedies and nurtures creativity with staged readings and a new play festival. Opening the theater’s 13th season, the musical Quilters pays homage to American pioneer women with modern choreography and multimedia projections. An all-female cast of seven breathes life into the stories, whose dramatic intensity, comedic bursts, and hand-embroidered zeppelins buoyed the original production all the way to Broadway and the Edinburgh Festival. Sam Shepard won the 1979 Pulitzer Prize for Buried Child, a brooding drama that excavates the ashes of one family’s burnt-out American dream. Kids and adults giggle through the holidays with The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, joining the cast of a ragtag nativity play to discover the true meaning of Christmas and whether or not sheep believe in Santa Claus.
An orange and sage Art Deco proscenium greets visitors in the 286-seat Freede Little Theatre, while CitySpace Theatre’s black box immerses audiences of 100 or fewer in inky environments. Check the season schedule for specific show times.