Before car racing, checkered flags were used only as symbols of surrender following skirmishes between chess clubs. Wave your flag with this GrouponLive deal to Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas, valid for any Friday night SBRA drag-racing event, which start at 7 p.m., or any NASCAR Whelen All-American Series event—excluding events on May 27, July 21, July 22, and September 2—which take place Saturdays at 7 p.m. This Groupon is valid only for Friday and Saturday events, and is not valid for Sunday or Wednesday events. Gates open at 4 p.m. for drag-racing events and 5 p.m. for the Whelen All-American events. Choose between two options:
- For $25, you get a race-day package for two (up to a $52 total value).
- For $50, you get a race-day package for four (up to a $100 total value).
Each package includes the following:
- One ticket for general-admission seating per person (up to a $15 value each)
- One hot dog, soda, and order of fries per person (a $7 value per person)
- One program per Groupon (a $4 value)
- One checkered flag per person (a $2 value each)
True to its name, the Old Dominion Speedway’s 3/8-mile oval track is one of the oldest on the East Coast. As such, it has cultivated a proud tradition of producing top racing competitors; drivers such as Mark McFarland and Denny Hamlin once scorched its track. On Friday evenings, the drag strip continues the tradition, hosting drag, rail, and Top Sportsman racers and motorcycles as they zoom down the straightaway to flee their growing shadows. Every Saturday, the Whelen All-American Series gathers late-model stock cars and modified racers as they compete for points by sprinting around the track. While perusing the program, fans can refuel on hearty hot dogs and wave checkered flags to send semaphore messages from across the bleachers.