Laughter is the best medicine, narrowly edging out prescription drugs from a board-certified physician. Hilarity heals with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Old Jews Telling Jokes
- When: select dates from October 8–29
- Where: Penn’s Landing Playhouse
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $36.60 for mezzanine and rear orchestra section (up to $61 value)
- $42.60 for dress circle and orchestra section (up to $71 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Old Jews Telling Jokes
“The worse life is, the funnier the jokes are,” says Peter Gethers, co-creator of the off-Broadway revue Old Jews Telling Jokes. Based on the popular web series bearing the same no-nonsense moniker, the show celebrates the wry and rye wit of classic Jewish comedy while tipping its shtreimel to legendary comedians of Catskills lore. With no need for a plot, five actors fill the stage with expertly timed zingers and perfectly punctuated punch lines, paired with musical numbers and monologues that keep audiences in stiches. Beloved by theater critics and touted by the New York Times as “a winning concept executed deftly with affection,” Old Jews Telling Jokes is a refreshing seltzer blitz of un-PC joy that leaves no “a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar” joke unturned.
“Great restaurants around the theater ”
211 S Columbus Blvd.
Independence Seaport Museum
Philadelphia, PA 19106