What You'll Get
- $27 for one G-Pass to see Old School Block Party with S.O.S Band, Zapp, Sugarhill Gang, One Way, Dazz Band, and more (up to $54.50 value)
- When: Saturday, April 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Axis Powered by Monster at Planet Hollywood
- Seating: rows A–F of section 201 or 209, rows G–K of section 202 or 208, or rows W–BB of section 204 or 206
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Old School Block Party
- S.O.S. Band: From ’70s disco grooves to ’80s R&B funk—fueled by production gurus Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis—S.O.S. gave the world timeless jams such as “Take Your Time (Do It Right)” and “Tell Me If You Still Care.”
- Zapp: Also known as The Zapp Band or Zapp and Roger, this Ohio funk force pioneered the electronic, G-funk genre with the hit “More Bounce to the Ounce.”
- Sugarhill Gang: This historic troupe put rap on the map with a hip hop, the hippie to the hippie, to the hip hip hop, and you don’t stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie, say up jumped the boogie, to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.
- Klymaxx: The tear-wrenching “I Miss You” lifted these female R&B/pop chanteuses to platinum heights, becoming yet another success story for producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.
- Evelyn “Champagne” King: With a voice as bubbly as her nickname, Evelyn gave the dance charts hot-steppers such as “Shame” and “Love Come Down.”
- Club Nouveau: In 1987, most people didn’t know who to turn to when their legs were sore—until Club Nouveau unleashed their Grammy-winning cover of Bill Withers’ “Lean on Me,” which also introduced millions to the mantra “we be jammin’.”
- One Way: Al Hudson and his band of Soul Partners funked up the ’70s and ’80s with sizzlers such as “Do Your Thang” and their biggest hit, “Honey Pie.”
- A Taste of Honey: Disco diva Janice Marie ruled the charts and won a Grammy by teaching the world to get out on the floor and “Boogie Oogie Oogie” til you just can’t boogie no more.
- Dazz Band: Possibly Motown’s funkiest group of the early ’80s, Dazz Band became proof that Grammy voters knew how to get down when they were awarded for “Let It Whip” in 1982.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 20, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at The Axis Powered by Monster at Planet Hollywood on 4/19. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.