Every rap track must have a solid backbeat, which can be composed of the sound of drums, handclaps, or birds flying into glass doors. Feel the rhythm with this GrouponLive deal.
- $26.25 for one G-Pass to the Old School Freestyle Jam (up to a $52.50 value)
- When: Friday, September 27, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Venue at Horseshoe Casino
- For ages 21 and up
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Old School Freestyle Jam
- Old School: anything from an earlier time, usually remembered with respect
- Freestyle: a form of dance-pop music that originated in the mid-1980s
- Jam: a delicious fruit-based spread
- The lineup: Biz Markie, The Sugarhill Gang, Slick Rick, Black Sheep, George Lamond, Cynthia, Judy Torres, TKA, and Johnny O
- How you know Biz Markie: you were within earshot of a radio in 1989 and heard his hit "Just a Friend"
- The Sugarhill Gang's claim to fame: they released the first hip-hop single—1979's "Rapper's Delight"— to become a hit on the Top 40
- What Allmusic dubbed Grammy-nominated rapper Slick Rick: "hip-hop's greatest storyteller."
- Black Sheep hits sure to get your hands in the air: "Flavor of the Month" and "The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)"
- How you know George Lamond: as an influential freestyle singer known for blending pop and R&B with the sounds of reggaeton, bachata, and salsa
- The age at which freestyle singer Cynthia began her career: 16
- Judy Torres' other name: The Queen of Freestyle
- Group TKA gets the crowd moving by: singing hits "Louder Than Love," "Give Your Love to Me," and "Maria"; instructing the crowd to dance until someone guesses correctly what the letters in their name stand for
- Johnny O's infectious songs include "Fantasy Girl," "Highways of Love," and "Dreamboy/Dreamgirl," a duet with fellow freestyle singer Cynthia