The best rappers are masters of language, rhyme, and the ability to walk onstage in front of thousands of people and talk about some very sexy topics. Watch the best with this GrouponLive deal.
- $23 for one ticket to the Old Skool Summer Fest (up to a $45.69 value)
- When: Saturday, August 10, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Tuscaloosa Amphitheater
- Seating: the front to middle of section 201, 202, 204, or 205
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Old Skool Summer Fest
- Who you know at Old Skool Summer Fest: Bell Biv Devoe, Salt-N-Pepa, Avant, Doug E. Fresh, and Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock
- Who makes up Bell Biv Devoe: Ricky Bell, Michael Bivens, and Ronnie DeVoe of New Edition
- What Bell Biv Devoe pioneered with their breakout album, Poison: New-Jack Swing, a hybrid of hip-hop and R&B
- What they got in return: quadruple-platinum sales, Top-5 status on the Billboard 200
- "Poison": their signature hit and the reason to avoid licking random bottles you find beneath the kitchen sink
- Salt-N-Pepa hits you'll be singing along to: "Push It," "Shoop," "Whatta Man"
- Honors bestowed upon Salt-N-Pepa: first female rappers to win a Grammy, recipients of BET's "I Am Hip Hop" award
- Reason Salt-N-Pepa never have to pan for gold: their albums have earned four gold certifications (alongside 11 platinum certifications)
- Act that became prominent in the 2000s, yet has that old-school '90s R&B spirit: Avant
- Avant slow-jam that the kids in The Parent Trap should have played: "Separated"
- Best human beat box at the festival: Doug E. Fresh
- Doug E. Fresh claims to fame: driving the hit "La Di Da Di" with his beatboxing, originating the club chant "Heyyyyyyy, YO!...I-iiiiight" in the hit "I-ight"
- "It Takes Two:" the reason that Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock always perform their hit "It Takes Two" together, because it actually takes two
100% of 16 customers recommend
“Awesome event. Excellent idea, great execution”